SP Premium
200,000-249,999 SparkPoints 217,932

09/10/17~Been too long

Sunday, September 10, 2017

Well, first I want to say I'm sorry to leave you all hanging like I did...hope you can forgive me...I'm 4 months post-op and boy has it been a rough 4 months...and I can honestly say I am completely recovered physically...the mental part will hopefully fall into place shortly. My surgery was May 8th and everything went perfectly...I was in the hospital 3 nights...when I went home everything fell apart...the first 2 weeks I don't really remember much of...you see before being discharged I was given an antibiotic and when I got home I had a reaction to it and began hallucinating and in pain and went to the ER...at that time I was too out of it to realize it was the antibiotic that caused the reaction of the hallucinations...the pain was due to a small cyst on my ovary and that my surgical site was developing a very bad infection...the hospital discharged me on that very antibiotic that they gave me right before discharge...after a few more days something clicked in my head about the antibiotic so I stopped taking it and the hallucinations went away...I was fine for the next week & a half before going to see my surgeon for my 2 week post-op visit except that I felt a hard painful lump at the bottom right of my incision. Went for my 2 week post-op visit and they did an ultrasound and decided that the bottom half of my incision (about 6 inches) needed to be reopened and there was no time for the hospital & operating room...so my surgeon disinfected the area, injected me with local anesthetic, and cut me open until the infection started draining...did it hurt?...hell yes!!!...he packed the now open incision with 4x4 gauze pads and taped me up and I would have to see him every 2 weeks over the summer...he was going to get me a visiting nurse & wound care but I live with my parents & my Mom has a lot of experience with packing & bandaging wounds...the wound had to heal open from the inside out to prevent further infection. Fast forward to August 11th...went for my 3 month follow up and my surgeon said that I was almost completely healed...he said to just use the neosporin & a band aide until there is no more drainage and then I won't need to cover it anymore...and despite my Todd issues returning after just 3 weeks post-op I managed to lose 35 pounds in those 3 months. That brings us to today...a few days ago my band aides stopped showing any trace of leakage so I'm 100% healed and by looking at it you'd never think it was a 6 inch open wound...I've been at a stall the last month but I'm still below 300 pounds but that's my fault completely and I'm in Twoderland for the first time in 10 years...would I do it again?...in a heartbeat...because I can do things I couldn't do post-op...the only thing I'd do differently is address my food issues in therapy before surgery not wait until I got into trouble after and even after that wait 3 months to start addressing food addiction & compulsive eating with my therapist. So now I don't see my surgeon again until November for my 6 month follow up...hope I can at lease lose another 15 or 20 for then Thanks for reading and again I'm sorry I took so long to update you all 💖💖💖
Share This Post With Others
Member Comments About This Blog Post
    Wow you had a lot to deal with. But am sure glad you healed. And great insight in your food addiction and issues. Hugs
    1060 days ago
    1061 days ago
    I had gall bladder surgery that got infected. Its weird that It fills on like that. So I know what you mean. I had mine infection cut open at ER. I'm glad you're doing better.
    1061 days ago
    1061 days ago
  • Add Your Comment to the Blog Post

    Log in to post a comment

    Disclaimer: Weight loss results will vary from person to person. No individual result should be seen as a typical result of following the SparkPeople program.