Day 31- One Month back to Sparking- Month in review
Monday, September 11, 2017
Time to stop and remember what I have accomplished so far
1)Exercise was never an issue for me but I did mostly cardio - my garmin tracks steps so I was doing mostly tread mill sometimes for up to one hour at 3.2miles per hour with occassional bursts of jogging to 4.3 MPH. My steps for the month of June were 522,286, July 310,687 and Aug 310,400. I am getting less "steps per day" now that I am tryig to so moe\re strenght training exercises into my regime. I have one more week left in the challenge " Exercise at home" and it has been good to do something different every day to build up my strength. I have found some that I can easily add to my routine in the future. It was a good "sampler" and all very doable.
2) Food choices- I haven't planned my meals and journnaled every day but I feel I am making better food choices and learing how to strategize around times that are difficult food trigger times for me. Still have a lot to learn here.
3) weight - I have lost 8 # and I am trying not to focus too much on this. Try only weighing in once a week but must admit I broke this rule at least twice. My clothes fit me around my waist better and I feel better "tucking in" some of my shirts.
4) Sleep- My sleep hygiene is very poor and I need to work on this. I have been retired a year and no longer have to get up early to go to work. I tend to get envolved in activities that keep me up late and I sleep later in am due to it. I have read many articles about the value of good sleep and weight loss but can't seem to establish a good routine that works for me and my new lifestyle. Any suggestions out there?
Goals for 2 month
1) keep up blogging to keep myself accountable
2) keep planning meals and journaling 5 out of 7 days
3) consider ways to improve sleep hygiene
4) get back into some kind of routine with yoga and meditation