Hello Fellow Sparkers! I don't know about you but the first half of this year has been a non-stop roller coaster for me! And what do I do when I'm an emotional, stressed out mess?
1) Shut down
2) Quit going to the nice new gym I signed up for
3) Stopped walking on my lunch break and started hiding out in my vehicle to eat things that satisfied my growing gut if not my soul
4) Quit even trying to eat healthy and turned to all the crappy food that tastes so good in the moment but make you feel so much worse afterwards
5) Pushed my friends and family away because I was so embarrassed to be obese again
I'm still in the middle of the roller-coaster ride but it finally dawned on me that I can just close my eyes and hang on for dear life or I can open my eyes, let go and raise my arms and enjoy the highs and lows of life without self-sabotaging and maybe even come out of this season of trials feeling even better about myself than when it began.
So to turn this around all I have to do is the opposite of what I've been doing right?!?
1) Engage with life again
2) Get back to the gym (not trying to kill myself by extreme exercise or goals but baby-stepping my way back to fitness)
3) Start walking around downtown on my lunch break - it doesn't have to be a race but even a nice stroll is better than gorging myself and just sitting
4) Start tracking my calories again and try to fit in as many healthy things as possible while still not depriving myself of a treat now and then as long as I don't go over my range.
5) Be honest with my friends and family and get them on board with the new plan and the new me
No worries... there may be rough patches in the path, but I'm going to just keep putting one foot in front of the other and one day I'll look back and see how far I've come and know it was worth every step, even the steps that temporarily took me in the wrong direction.
Have a wonderful day Sparkers and keep stepping!