Remembering and Updating Small Goals
Sunday, July 15, 2018
Daily do-its, I am convinced, will be very helpful. I have found a few that are particular to my daily eating habits that will be easier to stick to, just because I can remember them!
* I have tracked my food for 10 days now. I find myself thinking more about (able to focus on) the size and content of the food and eating less and healthier just for that effort!
I am starting anew with:
* Replace peanut butter with light margarine, even small amounts can sabotage my weight loss goal. I crave the peanut butter less if I get some fat in direct replacement.
* Fewer Servings: Just one burrito or one helping of pasta. The tortillas and pasta, I find, are very high calorie, high fat foods. After just three weeks, my hunger is less.
I am remembering old goals (I got out of the habit when I had surgery) and working on these too:
* Ice water instead of soda pop--surprisingly refreshing!
* Hershey's syrup instead of chocolate bars with coconut and palm oils.
* Lower salt foods, less processed foods but look out for added fat!
* Whole grain cereals (like oatmeal instead of rice krispies). This is an old favorite that I have happily stuck with.