Never wanted a change so badly....
Friday, February 22, 2019
Have you ever just woken up one day and wanted to chuck your entire life and start over? That is where I am at right now.
Had I started out on a different foot I may already have finished school vs. trying to do it now at 42!
I would have established a good career by now.
I would have chosen a different partner to be with and saw the signs of narcissism in the one I chose.
I would have taken better care of my body - eaten better and learned earlier how to curve my soda addiction.
I would have learned more about myself and the things that interest me and taken advantage of the opportunities to explore them more.
I would have been better with my money and taken trips to places I've always wanted to go.
BUT, because I can't go back and I can't do over any of that I can only create these things NOW.... here is my game plan.
1. I'm back at school now - although I am struggling - I am doing it!
2. I'm trying to create a better career for myself with the basic tools / knowledge I currently have. - So far so good.
3. I cannot choose the partner I had - but, I can choose the partner I get in the future. I now know the signs of narcissism and will be able to dodge that in the future.
4. I am TRYING this most of all. I am trying to learn how to eat better, how to kick my soda addiction that became so much worse than it ever was in the last 2 years. I am currently at an embarrassing level. I'm looking for anyone's tips and tricks geared towards ways they've given up soda. I KNOW it is the root of all my evils.
5. I've discovered my love of painting and tarot. Not hand in hand... but, as interests go... those are what excite me. I am exploring more of these avenues in the hopes of becoming better.
6. I'm taking steps in the right direction for taking trips etc.... I bought my first ever passport. Now, I need to save money to go somewhere. Baby steps. I'll get there.