It's been a rough few days.
I've had quite the intestinal bug, the details of which are best left unmentioned.
And my glucose levels went on a wild rollercoaster ride as I tried to navigate what I could and could not eat, while focusing on replenishing fluids.
(Side note: Yes! You can make your own electrolyte drink that is much cheaper and tastier than brand-name bottles. No additives, too.)
So, while I am still weak and low-energy but mending, here are some positives and "gratitudertunities":
1. I have discovered the best dietician in the world and feel truly supported.
2. I'm tweaking protein and carb levels and seeing/feeling results
3. When I'm not sick, I'm consistently more active and exercising
4. My loving tribe, and some recent close time and relationship-building
5. My sense of humor! It keeps me level, keeps me sane and keeps things in perspective
Health, whether our focus is on building strength, losing pounds or maintaining, is a journey. And at some point, good health is something we are destined to part with.
So I will continue to focus on the journey, letting the destination be what it is.
I will continue to work on enjoying that journey, rather than having resentment for being on it.
To me, that's the golden ticket of saying goodbye to "dieting" and hello to walking my path of wellness, me and my body, together.
It's getting better all the time...