SP Premium
750,000-999,999 SparkPoints 801,544

A Rough Few Days

Sunday, October 13, 2019

Early Thursday morning, we left in our RV for Tyler Texas for my husband's cousin's Homegoing Service. The viewing was Friday and the funeral was today. When we got to Arizona, on the I-10, we got into an accident. Traffic was slowing down. But the guy in this sturdy work truck must not have been paying attention because he swerved into my lane trying to keep from hitting the car in front of him. I didn't see him until he was right on me. The contact tore up the door of the house part and part of the wall. We couldn't continue driving the RV on the highway because we couldn't see down the right side. A guy who helps people on the highway tried to help my husband bend the door back but when they were through with it, it was still hanging and blocking our view. So the man followed us off the freeway. We pulled into a gas station and called our insurance people. They had no suggestions about where to leave the RV, but did make an appointment for a rental car. My husband went to a hardware store and bought a saw and took off the door. Then he put a cloth across it with nails and we drove back home in the RV. On Friday we had to take it to a shop two hours away because, the one closest to us couldn't take it until Nov 1st. The insurance people won't come out until you take it to the repair shop. Friday night my brother in law calls and said my husband's sister is in the hospital. My husband was tired because he drove us home from Arizona and he drove 4 hours taking the RV in. So he told him he would come today. This morning the brother in law calls and said my sister in law was on life support. They are an hour away, almost two hours with traffic. While we were on our way, my husband driving, I was checking my facebook page and found out my uncle died. I called my mom and she called my Auntie's house and spoke to one of my cousin's and confirmed he died this morning. He was my Aunt's husband. The doctor's said my sister in law is doing great and if she continues to improve, they will remove the ventilator. They said her oxygen level was low and she has pneumonia. We spent most of the day there. When we got home, I called my Aunt and told her we will be over tomorrow. It's been a rough ride! emoticon
Share This Post With Others
Member Comments About This Blog Post