I am Losing Weight Over the Holidays
Thursday, November 28, 2019
Since October I am on the alert to sway myself from bad habits (bad choices). I am not perfect so I take corrective action as needed.
What helps -
1) Daily nutrition tracking
2) Weighing myself daily
3) PGX capsules
4) Breakfast smoothies 255 calories
5) LOTS of diet Jello
6) Take my own food to evening social events (string cheese & apple slices 180 calories)
7) Keeping snack under 200 calories
8) Drinking lots of orange pekoe tea (caffeine-free)
9) Split lunch with a friend when dining out
10) 3 nutrition cooking classes
11) Restrict alcohol
12) Do better at ignoring 'treats'
13) Weekly TOPS meeting
14) Quickly donating my 'big' clothes
15) Training my family and friends not to 'tempt me'
16) Spending more time with friends
17) Out in the evenings - concert, play, cooking class, dancing, puppy socialization
18) PUPPY - needs walks, cuddling, play
19) Going to bed earlier
20) Logging into Spark daily!
21) Measure everything
22) Small eating utensil - tiny spoon, salad fork
23) 20 minute meal
24) Fruit salad each day
25) Be a food critic with dessert, taste it but only eat the 'really good' one
My weight is slowly trending downward. If I see an uptick in my weight, I look at my nutrition tracker to review what I have recently eaten. Then for a couple of days, I have PGX fiber capsules before meals. It will thicken and expand to create a sense of fullness and satiety that controls appetite for several hours, making it possible to decrease food intake without hunger. PGX also delays gastric emptying, prolonging satiety.
I am at my lowest weight in 20 years and want to close out the year happy at my current weight or lower.