Cutting and pasting my "about me" section from my spark page for today's entry, with the occasional, and very randomly timed updates on my progress, or regress, as it were. See below for a few annotative comments.
Noticing when looking through old blog entries, that there are a lot of dead song links on youtube. That's annoying. Might have to go through a few and update them, although, now that I'm approaching 900 entries, that is a little tougher than if I'd started doing that before I started this current blog streakish.
Healthy lifestyle goals? HAH! But...having essentially gained 5 pounds a year between 2005 and 2011, it was well past time to reverse the trend. And I'm thinking I need a little help in that endeavor. Which is where you come in. Whether it's you the individual with helpful tips, or you the faceless website with information on crunchings and munchings (1). Not guaranteeing that I'll listen to you, nor that I'll stick to this (or any program, not that I've ever actually tried), but keep yapping, and maybe something will click.
2/17/12 - blog post from this date explains the title of "Title of 7.4% less doom" (2), if you''re really curious. The 10.8 percent is taken from the 1 year sparkiversary date (9/25/12) weight of 183.2 lbs, down 10.8% from the 205.4 start point.
12/6/12 - Heavy gym usage in pursuit of a free t shirt seems to have dragged my weight below the 180 mark. Calling it a stable 179. But now comes a round of eating out, saying bye to friends before I move away. Can it possibly hold? (3)
1/20/13 - Previous weight didn't hold, but hit 180 straight up at the start of BLC 21. Let's see where the challenge takes me.
8/20/13 - Got down to 172 on 3/1, but then got a job where I''m on the road 4 days a week, eating out all the time. I put on an average of 5 pounds a month from March to July, and seem now to be holding steady, albeit feeling humongous, at 192. Time to crank the wheel in the other direction.
1/12/14 - What's the freakin' point version. Past year started out good, and then tanked. Up 12 over the course of the year, or 23 from the lowest weight to end of year. Like I said, it started out good. This year is starting out not great, but, hey, I have 353 days to turn it around. And I stopped putting the percentage in my spark page title, just in case I have cause to feel depressed about negative percentages. Boo hiss to the possibility. (4)
10/28/15 I don't even know. New high score, but on the scale, so it's like game over, man. But that's just, like, your opinion, man. So...throw in another quarter and start all over I suppose. I mean, what's the alternative?
211.2 is a crappy weight, but, as a fan of the band Rush, I'll allow it for a moment. Kind of burned out on spark (have been for a while, really), but still wander in on occasion.
225.4 this morning, 20 pounds beyond the weight that inspired me to join spark in the first place, because I felt like a blimp back in 2011. Ughtastic, basically.
12/2/18 Update: I seem to have hit a plateau at 215ish. About 10 pounds over when I joined spark, 42 pounds worse than my best weigh in in these intervening years, but also 20+ pounds better off than I was a year ago. I seem to be in the grind it out phase. So I'll grind, I guess. What's the alternative? (5)
1/1/19 218.2 on the scale to bring in the new year.
3/24/19 At 217 right now, hence the update to the title, 5.6 pounds higher than my spark starting weight of 205.4
1/20/20 214.6 lbs. Not happy about it, but it is a couple pounds lighter than the last time I updated this space, so...progress??
(1) Ever read the Prydain Chronicles? There's a creature named Gurgi in it, who is always concerned with food, and with making sure people don't bring beatings down on his poor tender head.
2) It makes me very sad that I'd made it to not just -7.4% from my starting point, but eventually over 16% down from my spark starting point of 205.4, a low of 172 lbs achieved in March of 2013. Of course, I went up badly from that point, to a high of darn near +15% from the start point. Over the course of the last year or so, I've bounced between a +4.8% which I'm near now, to a stable low just +2.2% over that starting point. But this 210-215 range is an absolute plateau recently, I can't break below that for any real amount of time. Hopefully I'm not breaking out in the other direction now.
(3) See this entry for the pic of the ugly t shirt I chased and successfully caught.
4) I have, of course, started putting that percentage back in, though it's failed to provide me the desired motivation.
(5) Highly amused I used the "what's the alternative?" question to end a mini-update more than once. I hadn't even noticed that until just now.