Checking My Goals Mid-February
Sunday, February 16, 2020
Checking in here with an assessment of the past week. I had 2 goals for last week:
do yoga (except Monday)
pre-track every day up to but stopping at my 23 points
How did I do?
I did stop at 11:30 to do yoga 4 days out those 6 - but I hadn't taken into consideration what to do on mornings when I went somewhere and didn't get home till the afternoon. Or on days when I was waiting for someone to show up in the morning ... and she didn't show up till late in the day.
So - 66% is good for a start - but what can I do about an interrupted morning? Seems like there are 2 choices:
1. either I can do yoga at crack-0-dawn before I make breakfast - sort of getting it over with - which, at the moment, doesn't appeal
2. or hmmm. Ahh - here is an option. I can do an evening yoga routine after DH and I are done with shared evening activities. Okay - this is good. I know that particular routine will ease me into sleep and it ought to be long enough after dinner that I will still enjoy the twists and bends of yoga.
How about the Pre-Tracking?
7 for 7 - in that I have been pre-tracking every day. YAY - this earned a butterfly sticker on the planner.
I have eaten beyond my limits every single day. I have CHOSEN to eat beyond my limits.
This is bothering me because I do have a weight loss goal. Obviously it's not paramount or I would be devoting the time to achieving it that I am devoting to Other Things I Also Want. This will require some thought - so - this week I need to add some soul searching to my pre-tracking routine.
What about all my other February goals, you ask? How'm I doing with them? What might I do this week to further my dreams? Here's a list:
1. Yoga 6 days a week incorporating AM or PM yoga on days when things get interrupted (I'm thinking this Thursday, for sure)
2. Pre-track my meals every morning. Consider shifting to a different points plan with WW but no hurry on deciding. That can be made a week from now
3. Taxes - ugh. they can be put off till next week
4. Write a blog for my art webpage - YES. Time to do this. How about Wednesday - I ought to have permission to put up one of the comissioned portraits so I'll have a jumping off point
5. Give that abstract self portrait another go - and how about doing that today? It really would be cool if I could only find the inspiration to do it. It would also give me a second jumping off point for an art blog
6. Keep on working on that surprise portrait I'm doing for JM - it's about 25% done.
and taking a broader look at ThePlan 2020
7. My People - lunch with darling adorable huggable Joy W.
8. Continue reading 3PGC stuff - I read some on Thursday, as scheduled - I shall read more today - and hmmm. The week looks packed - so I'll schedule More Reading next weekend
I know - it looks like a lot but it's not. I would be doing this stuff anyway. But I like to look ahead. I like to plan. I like to know the end of the story as soon as I start it. Because - if I don't like where I'm going - why go there, eh? And since - as I said yesterday - old age gives you the permission AND the opportunity to please yourself - by cracky, junior - I'm gonna act my age!