Start Every Day Ready to Learn!
Monday, February 17, 2020
Get up every day with the mindset "I'm going to learn what I need to know for today!" Just having that mindset can make a big difference. This is what I do in my classroom and in my life for successful learning:
1. Begin class with a mindful minute. Don't just dive in, give 1-2 minutes to hear what is on a person's mind.
2. Incorporate movement. Start with some stretching, and include stretching into the day.
3. Take sensory breaks. ...Breaks are so important!
4. Build foundational cognitive skills. ...Go back to the basics often.
5. Create a growth mindset in the classroom and life. I let myself and my students know that learning is a life-long activity.
6. Help others succeed. Help someone else in their learning process, and you will gain as well.
7. Enjoy the journey. Life is good and it's also fun!