I wanted to write some ideas that came to me after reading a couple articles on here:
- I need to ask myself why do i want to lose weight, and focus on my motivations.
- I notice that i fall off track when I am bored. Nothing like a sugar rush, right? Or a big bag of chips to feel alive, even if it's in a bad way. Especially if i've been doing good with food and exercice, i'll tell myself "just this time, it's fine, it's fun!" but then it's an opening to spiral way down the hole. I need to find ways of avoid this mechanism and find something that's not food related to rely on when I need a spark.
- Accept and generate opportunities to move with other people. It's fun and invigorating, it breaks the isolation i tend to put myself into.
- Instant gratification; re: being bored.. Results are not only on the scale and it takes time and effort, it's important to stay on track even if you don't notice or feel results right away. (focus on motivations)
- It's not abnormal to experience inertia when you're feeling overwhelmed. Do less and be present to yourself, meditation and stretching/yoga are just as important as a good sweaty session. Connect back to your body and learn to listen what it's telling you, it's always loving.
- Support is important. If it's not from the people in your life (for any and every reasons) it's just as valid to connect with people online or professionnals. Focus on you, don't do it for other people and don't settle for other people either. Some people get uncomfortable when we grow because it triggers their own insecurities, it's their problem. Your job is to love yourself and to get better for yourself.
- The journey and how you navigate it is just as empowering as the results, if not more :)
Now I just need to remember and apply that into my life :)
Have a good day and a good week!