BSG March Challenge - Week Three - Optimism
Friday, March 20, 2020
March is Optimism Month and March 16th is Act Happy Day. Optimism is associated with many benefits in life, including increased health, happiness, and longevity. When someone is happy they are joyful and content, and Act Happy Day was created in an effort to promote the health benefits of happiness, humor, and laughter.
Are you naturally optimistic and/or happy? What daily activities can you do to be more optimistic and happy in your life?
These days it seem like there is a day for everything. I had no clue that March 16th is a day set aside as Act Happy Day. I have to admit, most days I am naturally optimistic and/or happy. I make it a priority to wake up each day with a smile and a positive attitude.
Let's face it, some days you may not feel well or you may be under a lot of stress, but here's some daily activities that can make you more optimistic and happy in life:
1) Create positive mantras and repeat them daily.
2) Focus on your success, not failures.
3) Don't try to predict the future.
4) Surround yourself with positivity.
5) Keep a gratitude journal.
6) Challenge negative thoughts.
7) Be kind to yourself.
8) Exercise daily or do yoga.
9) Consider daily meditation.