At the end of April, I set a goal to lose ten pounds. As of Week 7 of the BLC, I’m halfway to making my goal. Due to inconsistency my weight has stalled, climbed a bit, and gone back down. Five weeks, five pounds to go.
This is my plan and a reflection on progress.
1. Track food and exercise daily, using Spark trackers.
Very consistent with exercise, and much better at tracking all food in the last month.
2. Drink 8 glasses of water a day.
This is a habit and not an issue, especially with our hot weather.
3. Stay in 1200-1500 calorie range.
More of a problem. I typically pre-track my day’s meals and snacks, however I have derailed my plan by snacking at night. The good news is I enjoy a variety of fruits and veggies, and eat healthy food. The bad news is occasionally I eat too much of it! Not sure why I self-sabotage but now working on a longer streak of not eating after dinner. A work in progress.
4. Exercise in the morning. Either brisk walk, ST routine, or cardio activity.
This is “almost” a consistent habit, slowed a bit by a knee injury. Last year it was hip bursitis. Regular strength training, walking as I am able, and limited mobility exercises are logged 5/7 days in the last 3 months.
5. Log a minimum of 30 minutes of exercise a day, but shoot for 300 minutes of exercise a week. Again, starting with some cardio to warm up, and then either functional fitness, stretching, and/or ST contributes to making my weekly total.
What I eat and drink has to be my continued focus. My mantra meanwhile: The body achieves what the mind believes.