1) My son is coming home from college this weekend for a visit.
2) My husband and I have been together for over 20 years and we did our share of fighting, but laying in bed with him this morning all tangled up in each other I thought to myself we have never been closer. It's the best feeling in the world.
3) I'm planning my dad's 80th birthday party for Feb 12th - 3 days later he leaves on a 2 week trip to Eypgt. I'm so grateful to have dad - turning 80 - and still vibrantly engaged in LIFE.
What this power is I cannot say; all I know is that it exists and it becomes available only when a man is in that state of mind in which he knows exactly what he wants and is fully determined not to quit until he finds it. Alexander Graham Bell
"In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer" Albert Camus
current weight: 218.0
Fitness Minutes: (86,714)
2,553 1/27/11 8:46 A
The Lord is my strength and i know i can do better with the Lords help. The Lord laid it on my heart to start a team called GOD ANSWERS PRAYER AND I WOULD LOVE TO HAVE ANYBODY THAT WANTS HELP TO LOSE THEIR WEIGHT TO JOIN . I KNOW I CAN'T DO THIS WITHOUT THE LORDS HELP !
Pounds lost: 22.9
Fitness Minutes: (90,272)
306 1/27/11 6:04 A
watched Oprah today and it was about the happiest city and what makes people happy --- check it out online if you can. Oprah was amazed that most people said if they made $75000 a year they were happy. Well, you see how attached to material things SHE really is! She has her big house in santa Barbara and I happen to know that she has no neighbors who are her friends there. I know someone who lives next door to her and no one wants to know her. It is a very stuck up neighborhood--you can live there for years and if you dont know the right people you will never break into the "real" society there. It is odd, but anyway, even with all her money, she will never be happy there. Too bad but there it is. Whereas look at the people on SP -- they are happy with what they have. It requires a certain turn of the mind to be happy with what you have. Until you get there, you will use food or drugs or dependency or whatever and still not be happy and wonder why you are not happy. It is so subtle and yet so vast, isn't it?
current weight: 161.0
Fitness Minutes: (657)
9 1/26/11 11:50 P
- Friends who listen, even if you are complaining about the same thing yet again. - Rishi peach blossom tea, for tasting great and being calorie-free! - Bathtubs, for those evenings where you need to soak your tired body.
"Decide that you want it more than you are afraid of it." - Bill Cosby
current weight: 177.5
Fitness Minutes: (15,661)
348 1/19/11 5:13 P
1. A husband that loves the 'me' that lives inside this body. 2. My SparkFriends who are an inspiration to me and who motivate me each and every day on my journey. 3. My leg muscles, which are letting me know that they are not actually dead and useless; just tired, undernurished and underexercised. Hallelujah!