published in the American Journal of Preventive Medicine shows that keeping a food diary may double your weight loss efforts.
Register for a free SparkPeople account & make losing weight easier!
Dining Out Guide
Motivation to Move
Strength & Toning
Get Back on Track
Health & Wellness
Health & Wellness Options:
Cold & Flu
High Blood Pressure
Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
Pregnancy & Postpartum
Lifestyle Center Options:
Beauty & Style
Fitness & Apparel
Access hundreds of thousands of recipes that are healthy and easy to make. Get full nutrition info for every recipe and track with one click!
Today's Featured Recipe:
Member Comments for the Article:
Why Do We Fall for Diets That Fail Us?
The Science Behind Fad Diets and Social Inclusion
Leave a Comment
Return to Article
Dieting is not good..I think the number one thing to look for when making a lifestyle change..can I live with this long term for life because really that is what you are commiting to.
The most important things I have learned are:
- we have been lied to about what is and isn't good for us and that we should be po'd as all get out that the lies continue, foods are being modified to feed into those lies and that we're all pretty sick as a result.
- the definition of "restrictive" is in the eye of the beholder
- people call things they don't understand "fads"
- what works for one or some, doesn't work for all
- medicine needs to catch up with truth
- we need to start really looking at how we get foods from farm to table
- we need to put our health and safety first
If we did these, perhaps we wouldn't be an obese nation and we wouldn't be taking pills to fix things that pill we take to fix things don't really fix.
Wow! where did that come from??? : )
great article and so true!
Once I realized that maintenance is just a continuation of however I lost weight, the concept of fad diet made no sense.
I stick with the tried and true - I count my calories!
I used to fall for this crap when I was younger. Thank God good sense came with age
NO MORE DIETS for me just plain old fashion eating right and I know what is right and wrong foods to eat. MODERATION is the key
Very good article.
Leave a comment
to leave a comment.