Okay, so I realize that I am NOT going to lose 10 pounds before July12...no biggy though. My last blog was talking about my 'new eating habits.' Well, I am not doing those anymore for a couple of reasons:
1. It was very boring
2. It was torture
3. I wasn't getting even close to the number of calories I need /day
4. It was torture
5. I ran out of salad dressing...(lol)
Now, I eat with my hubby all the time, but I eat differently. I have a couple of strategies:
1. Eat on a much smaller plate and if I must get 2nds, get them VERY VERY small
2. If we eat out, always order a chef salad with dressing on the side and stay away from the bad menu items
3. Make sure I always have some fruit and a few veggies for snacks during the day
4. Make sure I always have smaller calorie versions of my hubby's food in the house (i.e. 100 calorie popcorn)
This is a homemade pizza that me and hubby made together...guess which side is mine!
I am realizing that this 'getting healthier thing' is an effort!! LOL
I am so proud of myself!! Let me explain why...:D
My in-laws just came and visited a couple of days ago. Since I had been following my daily schedules of exercising and eating right, I guess they noticed. I know for a fact that they "stopped and stared" when we all went out to Chili's. Everyone ordered that Chili Fries with added Fat appetizer. I wasn't eating any due to what is actually was...ya know. I also ordered a very healthy dinner. ANYWAY! They gave me a call yesterday saying that I inspired them to start eating healthier!!! They went grocery shopping yesterday and bought ground turkey instead of hamburger. They didn't buy any soda or cookies. They said that they had been trying to start being healthier, but never could go through with it. When they saw what a change I had made to my life, they were encouraged to 'JUST DO IT'. I still feel great about helping another family to start a healthy life!! It feels so great!!
I would really like to thank SPARK PEOPLE for such an amazing website. If it weren't for them, I wouldn't have the tools or skills to build my new life. So I thank them!