On a bit of a roll and loving the feeling!
Sunday, August 02, 2009
It's been about 3 weeks now that I've been tracking my food and exercising consistently. I've had days where I've gone over my calorie range but I'm ok with that. Things I've been doing:
- no fast food or soda
- cut back on processed and packaged foods
- drink more water
- eat more fruits and vegetables (fresh) and lean proteins
- cut out most starchy foods like white breads, pastas, and potatoes
- lift weights 3 to 4 times a week
- going to the gym in the morning before work
I have more energy and am really feeling the momentum. I LOVE IT! I've only lost about 4 or 5 pounds but I'm definitely feeling the difference already.
I'd like to start:
- yoga 2 to 3 times a week
- run at least 3 times a week
- continue to lift weights 3 to 4 times a week (separating lower and upper body)