SP Premium


I never knew...

Saturday, February 06, 2010

...and I do transcription!!

Question - Why are there ridges beneath F and J on your keyboard and what are they called?

Answer - People who touch-type (type without looking) use these two ridges to determine the position of their fingers on the keyboard. Touch typists put the index finger of their left hand on F and the index finger of their right hand on J before they type so they know where their fingers are at.

I love this kind of stuff!!!
Share This Post With Others
Member Comments About This Blog Post
    I remember that. I think I learned it from a typing class in college??? I think. It is helpfuly to know. You can always tell if your fingers get off key.

    4185 days ago
    I just saw that on yahoo. Interesting, I do use home row and type without looking but I've never even felt those little ridges.
    4185 days ago
    I have seen the term touch-type before but never know what it was actually. I do that and feel around on my keyboard (because I usually doing 10 things at once). Neat to know.
    4185 days ago
  • Add Your Comment to the Blog Post

    Log in to post a comment

    Disclaimer: Weight loss results will vary from person to person. No individual result should be seen as a typical result of following the SparkPeople program.