Caprese Salad Recipe
Tuesday, August 17, 2010
We have 2 sweet 100 cherry tomato plants that are overflowing with little balls of yumminess. But we can't eat enough to keep up. So I decided over the weekend to make use of them and make a caprese salad. I found this recipe from eatingwell.com. Omg it's delicious! And so nutritious! And super simple.
* 2 medium red tomatoes, cut into wedges
* 2 medium yellow tomatoes, cut into wedges
* 3/4 cup diced fresh mozzarella cheese
* 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
* 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
* 1/4 teaspoon salt
* Freshly ground pepper, to taste
1. Gently toss tomatoes, mozzarella, parsley, basil and salt together in a large bowl. Season with pepper.
Per serving: 88 calories; 5 g fat (3 g sat, 0 g mono); 17 mg cholesterol; 6 g carbohydrates; 5 g protein; 2 g fiber; 187 mg sodium; 444 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (40% daily value), Calcium & Vitamin A (20% dv).
Like I mentioned before I used cherry tomatoes and I also added garlic powder because I love it so much!