Time keeps on tickin...
Friday, January 28, 2011
The clock seems to stand still these days...NO Answers/responses has become the norm...the blame game and shuffling continues...will it ever stop?
After a lot of calling on my husbands part (God bless him, he has removed such a burden from me...I love him to pieces for this), we still are not any closer to finding out what is causing my daughter's seizures or how to stop them. My doctor tried to get her to go right away out of network to a neurologist. After a huge paperwork shuffle (that took a week to do), the insurance company wants her to go to the "in network" doctor (which our primary says is unqualified to evaluate children). We called the "in network" doctor's office and they say we have to wait to get an appointment after the paper work from the primary comes through. Then they will call us to make an appointment. The insurance company says that if they can't get us in within a week, then they will probably grant the "out of network" doctor.
Part of me is hoping they can't get her in, so that we can go right away to the specialist...but I really want some sort of answer.
The funny thing is, we could take her to the emergency room in the hospital were the specialist we want works and see them right away and the insurance company would have no choice but to pay.
Tick, tick, tick...