While Cleaning Out a Drawer...
Sunday, April 24, 2011
I found these affirmations I had saved a long time ago. Good to read again. Thought others might find them helpful. Reprinted from the Dusty Press C1999
1. My worth as a person is not diminished in any way by my body size or by by eating patterns.
2. I will love myself no matter what my eating patterns are.
3. I will judge my days not by what or how much I eat, but by the accomplishments that I made and the love I have given.
4. My life is a gift and I will not let my my enjoyment of it be diminished by feeling guilty by my bodysize or how much I eat.
5. I am finished blaming others, situations or myself for the way I eat. I will take things minite by minute, hour by hour and day by day until I can eat normally again.
6. Compulsive overeating is a temporary condition in my life.
7. There is a normal eater within me. I will let him/her take over my life more each minute, each day as I am ready.
8. I CAN imagine a life without being a compulsive overeater.
9. When I feel stressed, I will close my eyes and picture how my all powerful normal eater would handle the situation.
10. I believe I will be a normal eater again. I KNOW I will be a normal eater again.