Sunday, September 11, 2011
Sorry that I seemingly fell off the face of the earth for awhile. A lot has happened in the meantime. Some highlights include:
- the end of a 5 year relationship
- a solid month of interviewing
- landing a new job on a bond trading desk that I love but keeps me hopping 60+ hrs/wk
- a summer graduate class of 150+ students representing over 45 countries meeting 3x/wk
- a case study project where I was the only woman and only US student
- starting to be interested in pursuing potential new relationships
- maintaining a perfect 4.0 GPA in my graduate program
- a wild and crazy camping trip with 40 friends
- the beginning of fall semester classes
- a first date at a red sox game with a really great guy last week
...and somewhere in there I managed to lose 10 pounds! It may not be much over a six-month period, but in the past I would have expected to gain 10+ while under so much stress and being so busy. Partly I think it's that I don't have as much time to graze and partly I'm just determined to get on with my life.
Thanks Krystie, I got your message today and decided that revisiting this group was far overdue! I may not be on the boards as often as I used to be, but I'm going to try to stop in at least once or twice a week.
Congrats to all the members - your progress during my absence is downright inspiring!