I didn't get a chance to blog yesterday because I was so stinking exhausted from our trip up Iron Mountain. Three miles doesn't sound too bad until it is ALL UP HILL and not even a hill.....it's named "mountain" for a reason. WOW!!! Three miles up was exhausting. Three miles back down was considerably easier, but one still had to be careful where they stepped since the terrain was a bit treacherous in places (steep, rocky, sandy). I was so very blessed yesterday for...
1) WATER. Lots of water in our camelback backpacks
2) The foresight to stop at Subway first and pick up sandwiches with lots of hydrated veggies. We picnicked at the top
3) A reliable vehicle to get us home afterward
4) A nice visit with my folks in the afternoon
5) A hot shower and heavy dinner ---- even if I did go over my recommended calories for the day, I felt like I needed them.
I went to bed at 8:30 because 3 hours in the sun, hiking up and down that mountain WORE ME OUT but in a good way.
At 4am this morning, the dog woke me because she needed to go outside. I am blessed this morning to....
1) be fully refreshed after 7 1/2 hours of sleep in a warm comfy bed
2) In the wee hours of this morning, I have completed my homework for my Chem class this week and have nearly finished studying everything for this week's chapter.
3) My craft room has needed to be straightened up for weeks and I believe I will find time today to do just that and enjoy it since homework is already done.
4) San Diego is giving us beautiful weather for outdoor walking activities this weekend
5) Our Zoo passes are still current and Mom wants to go so we'll take the kids tomorrow
6) Good friends of ours moved to our neighborhood this weekend
7) I checked on my sleeping babies this morning, adjusted their covers and kissed their sweet cheeks. At 14, 9 and 5, they may not be true "babies" anymore but they will always be MY babies and they aren't even embarassed by it.