It’s been close to a 4 year journey and today was a big payoff… This week is my first total physical since I started my journey to a healthy lifestyle. It was my choice to wait and I know I probably should have had a full physical sooner but I wanted to see what the results would be after keeping the weight off for 1 year and 8 months. Over the past 3 years on Sparkpeople and the ½ year pre Sparkpeople I have seen a lot of changes. From the obvious to the present day I have seen how God has met me half way and help me attain my goals. Some of the changes are:
- Watching the pounds drop of sometimes quickly and other times slowly
- Toning up/watching the inches drop off. Going from a size 56 pants that fit
snuggly to the 32’s I currently wear today.
- Increased energy level
- Getting of my oral medicines and then insulin (For my Type 2 Diabetes, High
Blood Pressure and High Cholesterol)
- Marking off bigger goals from my “Skinny Mans Bucket List”
Today was a “Happy Dance” day.
I went to the Doctor for the results of my blood work, EKG and other test. In short everything is textbook perfect. And to top it off I am now listed as pre-diabetic not diabetic/type 2. God is so good. My BP was 120/61 and my pulse was 54.
I have learned a lot and I have a lot to learn yet about maintaining my weight, loving myself and living this lifestyle change. But with time and vigilance I will be successful. So I continue to set smart goals, baby stepping my way on my journey to a healthy lifestyle.
So there it is… And the secret to my success is:
- Trusting in God for strength and help
- Setting small attainable goals
- Never giving up when I failed to reach a goal
- Learning to love and care for me first so I can be of greater value to others
- And realizing there is no secret pill but it takes commitment and determination.
- My purpose and drive was to glorify God in how I looked and how I treated the
body He blessed me with.