Keep on trying...
Wednesday, August 10, 2016
I've been absent a while due to a busy summer and lots of travel with my kids! I hurt my back 3 weeks ago just as I was gearing up with exercise and it really slowed me down. 4 trips to the chiropractor and it's almost all fixed. I'm not sure when I'll get back to the chiro in between the last two trips of the summer.
Have also had a tough time with our 5 year old. In the span of a week, we had 3 nights of some lost sleep due to him having a stomach bug, then a cold, the he bumped his head one night. I'm pretty exhausted. Separately, I'm also trying to either get my iron levels checked or get my doc to renew my liquid iron supplements in between our travels.
So, what am I going to do about these extra ~12-15 pounds I'm still carrying around?! And stress levels... Worry...
Well, I have to start where I am. And keep coming here, and keep making good decisions, and keep putting my health first. Here are some things I'll be working on the rest of this month:
1) get my back fixed all the way by a chiropractor
2) figure out what's going on with iron levels/fatigue
3) meditate 15 minutes daily. I want to do this for my stress and depression and my interactions with my kids and husband
4) possibly get a gait analysis done because my foot is still not 100%
5) work up to cardio 5 x a week by the end of the month
6) track my food and stay in my calorie range!! - this, at least, is totally under my control!
7) strength exercises 3x week for neck, back, and foot
8) sign up for August and September races. Even if I have to walk, I need a goal to motivate me!!
I feel like I'm falling apart (not a fan of 40) and it's time to start climbing back up the mountain towards a peak of good health!