A few of you blogged about small victories or small wins today and that really got me to thinking. I have also talked about small victories before. But you know what? No win is ever just a small win. If it is a win then it is a win and you should be proud of yourself no matter what size the package. That win is putting you one step closer to what you are seeking. So stand up and cheer for yourself!
It is time for me to stand up and cheer as well. I have a lot of things going on in my life as many of you know who have been reading my blogs. Some of those things are not very good at all but then there are those "small" wins I have been talking about.
1. God woke me up again today to another beautiful day (major victory!)
2. I won a new set of pots and pans yesterday. I have been telling my hubby for a long time that I needed a new set and yesterday I won one.
3. I have been washing my dishes by hand every day for the past month. This may seem like a "small" victory but 3 months ago I could not stand for more than just a few minutes before I had to sit back down.
4. I got to spend a few hours this afternoon with my mother with no interruptions, no phone calls, no errands, no appointments, just us visiting. It felt wonderful!
5. Today there wasn't anyone that could go with me to physical therapy to push my wheelchair and get me up to the 6th floor, so I walked using my cane. It is the farthest I have walked in quite a few years. I had to sit down and catch my breath a couple of times but I made it and still managed to work out.
6. Today I only did 2000 steps on the nustep machine. But, that was after walking all the way to the therapy room. My best is 2100 steps after being pushed in my wheelchair on a good day.
7. I realized today yeah I only lost half a pound this past week, but since May 9th this year (when I joined sparkpeople) I have lost 31 lbs. That is huge for me. Now all those half pounds, one pound and two pounds don't seem so small anymore. They all added up to 31 lbs. That also puts me at 53 lbs lost since February of this year.
What I am trying to say is that any win no matter how big or how small is still a win. The more we look at life that way the better life will be. So stop counting all the negative things in your life and start celebrating your wins! Start telling your family, your friends, anyone that will listen what you did. Toot your own horn! I know I have been. I told my mother, my hubby, my daughter, my son-in-law, my best friend and now all of you about what I accomplished today. All of those things matter and not any one of them is any less important than the other. All of them together made today a big win! Well yesterday now since it is after midnight again. But you know what I mean.
So what were your victories today? Go ahead you know you want to tell somebody, so tell me; right down there in that box just below my blog. Come on you can do it! Lets see if we can fill this blog up with victories. I can not wait to hear what you did today. Write me soon!
God bless you and keep you on your journey! Have a fabulous day!