Long Time, No See!
Sunday, September 18, 2016
I haven't forgotten about my SP pals -- This is what has been going on.
1) May 2016 - mid-August, 2016, we were embroiled in real estate transactions. Sold our rental an Ashland and purchased a rental in Sacramento. One of those 1031 exchanges. I wish that I could explain it to you, but the fact is that one of the reasons that I was under so much stress during that time period is because I really don't understand realtor language. It was not the most pleasant experience...but it's DONE!!!
2) My son FINALLY had his knee surgery. Then, two weeks after that, he ended up in the emergency room with a gall bladder attack. The entire ordeal set off a family "issue" that has just been resolved. The persons involved finally kissed and made up -- but, again, another stressor. He's fine. He is back to work, modified duty, and is recovering and rehabbing well. Gall bladder surgery coming up when he's tired of eating bland food.
3) The Wedding! Not one of my bio kids, but close. BFF's son, who is my son's BFF. Fabulous. Stress along the way. I was away from the office 6 days....
4) The Camino -- most of you don't know this, but since a year ago Labor Day, we have been training to walk 200 miles in Spain on the Camino de Santiago de Campostela. I wasn't able to get the miles in that I wanted to because of works, so I took a sabbatical from Job #2 after 8-8-16, returning sometime mid-November. I try to get home from my real job by 6 pm and then we eat a light meal and walk. Depending on how early I get home, how exhausted I am, and how late we start, we walk from about 2 - 6 miles each evening. We try to walk both days on the weekends (today we walked 10 miles, 9+ of which was with our backpacks -- mine weighed 14.9 pounds today). My favorite nighttime walk is "Mantelli Hill." We walk from 5 - 6+ miles, depending on how I'm feeling, and from 4 - 6 hills (maybe more? I don't really remember). The walk takes us through quiet neighborhoods. Years ago, I tried walking up Mantelli with some friends and it was an epic fail. Now, I power right up, and leave my sweetheart in the dust (I can even do it with my backpack). We leave 10/6, go up to Sacramento and leave the dogs with my daughter and her sweetie, and fly to Spain on 10/7. If all goes as planned, we will start the walk on 10/12 and finish on 10/31, in time for the Pilgrims' Mass on November 1. We will travel for a few days after that, and will be back in the US on 11/11.
5) I am trying to get all loose ends tied up at work. Not easy with almost 300 clients. I think that walking 200 miles will be easier than all the work that I've been doing for the past couple of months.
I work, walk, and sleep.
Thanks to everyone who has been checking in. I've been too busy to respond, but I know that you've been supporting me, and I think about all of you.