New Year and a New You Goal Setting
Saturday, December 30, 2017
I have not blogged in a very long time so this is something for me to get back into. I am using Holly's outline to help me stay forcused on what I need to say. This is for the BLC Challenge Week 3, I trhink.
The challenge for this week like other weeks was broken down into two parts and using the acronyms " NEW YEAR" and "New You" ... here is it with my personal goals set in as well...
Fitness ITC - NEW YEAR... NEW YOU
N - Your nutrition is vital. Set a Nutritional goal for each week of January.
-Week 1: Start cutting out all sugar foods like cakes and cookies.
- Week 2: Walk or ST every day, even weekends..
- Week 3: Increase my weight lifting to 15 pound weight
- Week 4: Don't eat carbs at all for two days out of seven.
- Week 5: Be on a steady fitness routine and able to focus more time on other things.
E - Evaluate these goals. Are they obtainable? Could these by lifetime goals? Did you plan your goals to include life events? Example: Weddings, birthdays, lunches with friends?
- I did and all goals should be doable with focus and reviewing these goals often.
W - Wellness, look beyond food and exercise and set some emotional wellness goals. Example: I will meditate 10 minutes every morning; I will do deep breathing once a day, etc. Be attentive to your thoughts feelings and behaviors.
- I think this is why I joined sparkpeople for the support. So for this aspect just getting on and seeing how others are doing helps me a lot and the challenges keep me focused. I try to stay focused on the good and not the bad things that are going on. Deep breathing might be a good option but I would probably forget to do it.
Y - You are amazing. Set one goal that will help you remember that.
- I will try to give support and help to my fellow sparkers. This helps me feel good about myself. I try to do this often to remind myself that I do have something to offer.
E- Evaluate your eating habits. Do they lead to good health? If the habits are not healthy, make adjustments to your goals.
I just started my new way of eating. I wasn't eating bad food just too much of it. I cook most of my meals but I ten to overeat when I shouldn't. I hate to count calories so I would rather just eat healthy and reduce my portions and exercise more. I also need to stay away from sugar and the bad carbs like bread and pasta.
- A - Analyze you past years eating habits. Once again adjust your goals if needed to include your favorite foods. Try not to eliminate your favorite foods, but to adjust your consumption of them. Make changes to your goals if needed.
- I just started a new plan so no readjustment just yet. I like what I am doing and I feel very comfortable with it.Time will tell if it is doing me good or not. If now, I will adjust..
R - Recognize that you have worked hard on your nutrition goals last year and give yourself a goodie!
********************** Part 2 *******************
Nutrition ITC - NEW YEAR.... NEW YOU
N - Never give up! Develop a fitness plan.
- Treadmill 3-4 times a week
Strenght training - I need to increase my weight and do it at least 3x a week
Do other videos and body weight exercises like squats, lunges, and focus on my abs the rest of the week.
E - Evaluate what has worked for you and what has not. Do you need to adjust your plan?
Low carb usually worked for me in the past but not as much anymore. I am trying intermittent fasting and have really just began so I am good for now. As far as fitness cardio works well but I need the ST aspect to tone up and get leaner.-
W - Weigh in! What is your goal weight for December 31, 2018? Is it achievable? Put this goal weight somewhere you will see it every day.
- My goal is to be at 160 by next December. I think it is doable if I keep myself surrounded by supportive people and I can keep my focus.
Y - You are in charge! Only you can make the changes! Visualize yourself using your new fitness plan to help renew your commitment.
- I do this all the time. It helps me stay motivated especailly in times of stress and conflict.
O - Organize! Clean up your work out area. Check out exercise options available to you. Plan and adjust your plan! It is a new year, be ready!
- This is a daily thing for me. I don't see good so I make sure my area stays organized and clesn of clutter.
U - Utilize your support system. Post your plans in the chat or blog. Let people know how to support you!
- So these are my goals for the New Year. I will be coming back or making more blogs if something changes. I am hopeful that this year I can get to my goal weight and maintain. I was so close to my goal weight a few years ago and let it slip away. Now I have to start over and I am a few years older but maybe I can ge therewith your help.
Thanks for reading
- How can Sparkers help? Lift me up when I hit a wall, remind me that it is work it to feel
and be healthier, and just keep being you which is what makes Spark People so great.
If you hung on to the end... thank you for taking you time. Hope these topics get you to thinking about your journey into the new year.
Best of luck to us all as we continue.