Friday, October 11, 2019
Cravings, we all get them and most of us hate them because we eat things we think of as forbidden or bad foods. Cravings have many facets to them, actually. They are the body’s way of communicating with us to tell us what nutrition it needs. They are yearnings for nostalgia. They are cures for unwanted or wanted emotional charges.
Whatever the craving, there is a solution!
1) Try eating a smaller portion of the food mindfully and enjoy every bite.
*Do not keep the food in the house. Go out for it and get a single serving.
2) Use the 3 bite rule where you take 3 glorious bites and go brush your teeth. I carry a travel toothbrush and paste everywhere. It stops the taste sensation from making you want more.
3) Look up a cravings chart to see what your body really needs. I have a very good one with a lot of information. If you would like a copy, write me at Indygirl101@icloud.com
4) Distract yourself and chew gum.
5) Eat more Whole Foods/ less Processed. Whole Foods do not cause cravings.
6) Try all of the above.
💕 Beth Donovan