August Intro Page- Archiving
Monday, September 10, 2007
I Know Where I'm Going
It's not the team that wants to win that wins. It's the team that wants to win, and is willing to work at it, that wins.
- Vince Lombardi
August 1, 2007
I started my fitness journey on May 16, 2007. Motivated by a biggest loser challenge, I lost a lot of weight and inches and made huge strides in my fitness in May and June. In July, I took a break from weigh-ins and without that weekly accountability, I'll admit I got a little sloppy with my eating habits (fitness stayed strong) and gained some weight back. But I'm ready to commit again!
Here's what I've accomplished since May:
1. Completed the Couch to 5K program and, for the first time in my life, was able to run more than a mile.
2. Ran my first 5K road race.
3. Completed the USMC PFT (just for myself). I didn't meet all the minimum standards, but I'm proud to be able to do the test!
4. Established a program of 6-7 days cardio per week and 3 days of strength training per week.
5. Learned mindful eating. At least now, when I'm making a bad choice, I know I'm doing it!
6. Motivated friends and family to make healthy lifestyle changes.
For August, I want to:
1. Push my strength training. I don't think I've challenged myself enough on my weight, and I want to do that.
2. Continue trying to do some cardio in the morning, before breakfast. Just this week, I've started doing intervals of jumping rope (high) and hula-hooping (low).
4. Cut sugary snacks to no more than one less than 100 calorie snack per day. I need to kick the sugar habit!
5. Get back to my water habit-- at least 80 ounces per day, every day!
Stay strong, friends. I appreciate all of your support!
Added 8/4/07: I'm taking a little break from SP for a few weeks, before I start my Body for Life challenge on 8/21/07. But I'll be back!
Second addition 8/15/07: I've decided to start my BFL Challenge on the last possible starting day of the year, which is 9/3/07, in order to have a wide network of support (in other words, lots of people are putting it off until then!). I've implemented a lot of the principles of the program and am developing my strength program, but I'm going to put off actually doing "before" pics and such until then. So there's still time to sign up!!